Product: Makin’s Professional Ultimate Clay Machine
Price: $54.99 (retail)
Best Price I Have Found: Amazon.com
Width of Rollers: 7 Inches
Number of Settings: 9 thickness settings
My Rating: 7 out of 10
Makin’s Professional Ultimate Clay Machine Product Overview
A pasta or polymer clay conditioning machine is a must-have for polymer clay hobbyists and professionals. But there are many machines out there, ranging from very inexpensive to very pricy. When starting out with polymer clay, it is recommended to start with a lower cost machine. You don’t want to buy the cheapest one you can find because it will not hold up long. I also would not buy the most expensive because you may not need it. This machine is on the lower end and will suffice for the beginner up to intermediate polymer clay artist.
- What I like about this clay machine is that has a wider roller than most. It is 7 inches wide where most pasta and polymer clay machines are 5 1/2 inches wide.
- It has a stainless steel outer casing which wipes clean easily.
- The Makin’s Professional Ultimate Clay Machine has nine thickness settings instead of seven. Although you may not use them all, it’s nice to have the option.
- There is a motor that you can purchase separately and attach to it so you won’t have to use the crank handle. This is great if you have arthritis or other trouble with your hands.
- It makes conditioning clay and creating blends almost effortless.
- As opposed to a pasta machine, you won’t be paying for extra attachments you don’t need (like a fettucini slicer).
- The rollers are actually made of plastic instead of stainless steel. This should not be a real issue as your clay should be relatively flat before putting it through the machine.
- The quality is lower than a higher priced machine.
- It has the clean up the same as other similar machines. You need to clean the rollers and underneath before changing clay colors.
Makin’s Professional Ultimate Clay Machine is a decent machine to start out with. If you decide that polymer clay is something you want to stick with and find that you use your clay machine daily and excessively, you can always upgrade later. I will be reviewing upgraded clay conditioning machines soon.
Makin’s is a well known company to polymer clay artists. So you may want to consider this machine for your polymer clay needs.
Here is a link to the Makin’s Professional Ultimate Clay Machine Motor if you are interested.
I hope you learned some good information about this polymer clay machine. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below. Have a great day and Happy Claying!